Friday, October 5, 2007

Ghettoville oh um I mean Fayetteville, North Carolina

Well we made it! We are now in the most ghetto town I have ever seen. I'm sorry to all of you who love this place but I can't see why. Just 50 min north is the cutest town called Cary. They have a Whole Foods market and Trader Joe's and REI. But heck Fayetteville has the Food Lion and prostitutes! Who could ask for more? Our apartment complex is really pretty nice. And the apartment is spacious and I can actually see the family room from the kitchen which is more than I can say for our house. But we love love love being here just so we can be with Gary. He on the other hand isn't too sure about all the noise. June is here helping- a lot and trying to convince me that base shopping isn't so bad. I don't know if I'll let her go back home but I'm sure she's ready. We miss Utah but we are going to try our hardest to make a good go at this. Only 362 more days to go!


These last pictures are from Labor Day. Gary was able to come home for the weekend and while he was home we blessed Niels.

10 comments:

Lori & Rj said...

Food Lion and prostitutes... who could ask for more?

Jana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jana said...

People, dont you understand
The child needs a helping hand
Or he'll grow to be an angry young man some day
Take a look at you and me,
Are we too blind to see,
Do we simply turn our heads
And look the other way

Well the world turns
And a hungry little boy with a runny nose
Plays in the street as the cold wind blows
In the ghetto

Thank you Elvis

Jana said...

Good thing your apartment is spacious, because you might never be leaving it for the next 362 days!

sommshine said...

We are going to miss you :( Good thing we can keep in touch through blogging.

Stacey and Mel said...

Glad you made it okay! We'll miss you. I told Anna we were "married" today because we were swinging in sync, and she said, "No, I'm marrying Kail!" Take care!

Tara said...

Your kids are so cute! I will miss seeing you at bunco. But you will be back, right? Have you ever read Nicholas Sparks? His books are all about North Carolina. He is one of my favorite authors.

Carolyn said...

Janae, I feel so bad we didn't get to say goodbye...I am sorry we have been so wrapped up in our new little baby that we didn't get over...Your family is so wonderful! I am so glad that we were able to sit next to you guys and play with your kids for the last 2 years! We are going to miss all of that great entertainment in sacrament meeting! We love you!

Hall Fam said...

i'm glad you made it. i was wondering when you were moving. i'll miss you, but i missed you when you were in utah so it doesn't matter i guess.

Marc said...

Can't be any worse than the Pilgrim 2nd, eh?