Wednesday, October 31, 2007

S.W. convention?

Nope just Halloween with the Jorgensens '07
(the pictures are so bad because I didn't realize the flash wasn't on! I could just kick myself)
Obi-Wan Kenobi..............Kail
Padme Amidala...............Lily
Darth Vader.................Niels

Lily can not take a picture with out needing to pose- I think she and her cousin Kate should have a "walk off"

How could you not love Darth Vador if he looked this cute in the movie?


While Kail kept wanting Gary to come to the door with him, Lily would walk right up ring the doorbell (numerous times) then yell and I mean as loud as she possibly could "trick or treat" or "candy!" She cracks me up.

Kail hates to dress up- laothes it! He kept telling us "only two doors okay?"

I thought Lily was going to throw a fit about her costume it wasn't the kind of "royalty" she had in mind but the costume had a gun so she was all for it- she definitely is the princess that can take care of herself!

This Darth Vador costume has a cape too- it was so cute!


And a picture of our pumpkins. Kail's is the bottom one, he drew the face and I carved it out. Lily painted hers but after seeing Kails she insisted I "pull all the guts out" of hers too. Niels' has a pumpkin but it was too hard to carve (apparently I bought the wrong kind.)

I was pretty sad about costumes this year because I prefer to make my own but nothing is normal this year & I had to order the costumes. Luckily for me the Padme costume was sold out everywhere and I ended up piecing Lily's together. I think I did a pretty good job if I don't say so myself. Although I didn't finish the cloak in time. Oh well.

And just like everything else in the Army it was hurry up and wait except this time it was just HURRY UP (Gary said all night) He had to get at least 2 hours study time in and go to bed early. Next year will be better. We'll just have a "harvest party" at my parents home and let the kids open the door and hand out treats - that's all Kail wants to do anyway.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

7 comments:

Carolyn said...

You guys are my favorite little tricker treaters ever!! Those costumes look so cute Janae, WOW! We missed you this year, Taylor, Joe and I just handed out candy to all of the neighbors...We actually only knew a few kids the whole night....and no one was as cute as your family!

Holland said...

I love the costume's. Could your kids be any cuter! I want to squeeze neils especially in that costume. I think Lily and Kate definitely need to have a walk off. It will be a very tight competition. I miss my little friends, and I can't wait till next year.
nic
ps your place looks nice can't wait to come and visit

Lori & Rj said...

They all look so cute! I am surprised that the candy isnt an incentive enough to dress up.

Yo Momma said...

So cute!! You gotta love Halloween!

Jana said...

Lilly is killing me in these pictures. I kept asking the kids who they wanted to go trick or treating with and they kept saying Kail and Lilly, I told Ella we will be very hopeful that next year they can go together again.

Stacey and Mel said...

I'm so glad you posted these pictures. You always have the best costumes! It's fun to see them in pictures at least! Lily is hilarious! She looks so old with her hair slicked back! We miss you!

Stacey and Mel said...

I'm so glad you posted these pictures. You always have the best costumes! It's fun to see them in pictures at least! Lily is hilarious! She looks so old with her hair slicked back! We miss you!