Friday, November 23, 2007

Give thanks....


that this only happens once a year! Thanksgiving was sort of a bust this year. I think Thanksgiving is a good holiday when you are with your family and you don't end up making everything by yourself all day.

Our day started off with pancakes

After I got breakfast cleaned up I started on the turkey and everything else. Lily and Kail were my big helpers. Lily kept asking me "is that Niels?" referring to the uncooked turkey.


Kail and Lily loved it because they got their own IZZE and they were allowed to salt their own food and pick their own roll. They realized they could get away with almost anything because "it is thanksgiving" (I heard that about 100 times)

And this was my view from the kitchen as I cleaned up, after putting the kids to bed ( we had a movie night) and putting Niels back down. Gary seems pretty tired, I'm glad he was able to rest after his tough day of... hmmm watching tv. He couldn't figure out why I took this picture I told him to let me know when he did.

What we should have done is pack a picnic and go on a day hike- that would have been a lot better, and not so much work for me. But it was all worth it when Kail took a bite of his stuffing and exclaimed "wow mom this is delicious! You're good at making this!" (thanks 'Stove Top')

5 comments:

Lori & Rj said...

Thanksgiving can be alot of work. Maybe that is why are parents ditched out and went to the condo together?

JaNae said...

Next time they do that I think we should all get together and crash their party!

Hall Fam said...

i give you props! I have yet to cook my own turkey. Beleive me that would not be a good thing!

Yo Momma said...

Oh, JaNae, the part with the picture of Gary made me laugh so hard!

Jana said...

This cracks me up. First, Lily thinking that the uncooked turkey was Niels in your belly. Second, the stove top. Third, the picture of Gary.