Saturday, December 29, 2007

peace & quiet

We had a very quiet Christmas this year. I would have traded it for a crazy Christmas with our families though- we did get a small piece of the craziness when we skyped our families. I didn't realize how much it would affect Kail. He would talk for a little then look at me and say "I want to go home to Utah I hate it here" One time after talking to E he started to tear up. Poor kid, I have to remind him that being in NC means being with his dad and that makes it all better.
Christmas eve we made cookies and set them out with milk, a carrot and letters to Santa. When the kids woke up I could hear Lily tell Kail "Look Santa ate all the cookies" I think she was hoping he would have left one for her. When I came out she said " mom Rudolph with his shiny nose liked my carrot!" She can't mention Rudolph without including his shiny nose. They were allowed to play with the unwrapped presents from Santa right away but had to wait for dad and Niels to wake up- which didn't take long considering all the noise they were making. I bet our neighbors love us.

I thought this was going to turn out so cute (what I need is a high speed camera)
This is Lily's new "I have to smile for the camera" smile
Niels with our homemade decorations, I don't know what's harder getting Niels to look at the camera or....
...getting Gary to. Gary is taking Kail out to go play with his new baseball bat
These tree pictures are really for my parents. Gary picked up this tree a week before Christmas. Kail all month long kept telling us it was time to decorate, we told him Santa dropped it off, he was so excited. This is this nicest tree we've ever had. I almost hated to decorate it.
But we did with all natural candy canes from whole foods, paper snowflakes- it took a few tries to remember how to do it but I got pretty good after the 10th one if I do say so myself. I had intentions of making some globe type ornaments from some finger painted paper Kail did with homemade finger paints but never got around to making them. The faces of the kids is what Santa used instead of gift tags- He's a smart man & knows Lily can't read names yet. After we opened the presents Lily wanted to put them on the tree.

These are the big present that the three of them received from Santa- they are called Bilibo , everyone kept asking "what does it do?" well nothing- my explanation is; it's an imagination toy. You use your imagination to play with it. All I know is that my kids love it. Kail got orange, Lily- pink and Niels- mini blue & green. Plus they are just cool to look at.

We missed being with our families but next year! I hope you all had fun too!

Merry Christmas!!!!

4 comments:

Jana said...

So cute! We wish you were home with all the craziness too, but just wait next year you guys will say, "remember how nice and quiet it was last year." Just this morning E was asking how many more days until Kail could come back home. April can't come fast enough until we are there at the beach with you guys. I can't wait.

Lori & Rj said...

Looks like you had a fun Christmas. I wish you guys could have been in Utah this year. I got to see your mom and dad since we stayed the night at the condo on the way home. I miss the days when we all spend Christmas eve together.

Marc said...

Merry Christmas right back attcha'

Stacey and Mel said...

We missed you. It was fun to talk AND see you when we scyped (or however you spell it).