Tuesday, December 11, 2007

wish you were here, and we were there!

North Carolina is having record highs, yesterday and today we were in the 70's. I've had to pull out the shorts and turn on my air conditioner. I just don't know if it'll really feel like Christmas without snow. Kail wants to go skiing with his Uncle Shawn so much.
These pictures were taken just right out side our building, it's so beautiful here.
There are 3 of these ponds just right behind our building we get geese in the mornings and the other day Kail swears he saw a Pterodactyl. I'm pretty sure it was a Heron or a crane, we go out with our camera now so we will be able to capture it on film & really be able to identify it. And that's another thing to love about homeschooling you get to help your kids learn everything they can about things they are interested in. I love learning too right along with him.



9 comments:

sommshine said...

I didn't know you were homeschooling! How is it going? You must have lots of energy :)

Jana said...

Wish you were here, and we were there! Right along with you.

Steph Wynder said...

I can't believe little/big Niels! He is so cute - I wish you were all coming for Christmas. We miss all of you - two of my kids have Niels and Lily's names for Christmas so we will be sending a package soon! Give those cute kids a big hug from Aunt Steph! And P.S. - it is like 20 degrees outside right now - 70's doesn't sound so bad - I could still be wearing my flip flops!!!

sommshine said...

JaNae, I need your email address. I have got to send you a pic, you may have already seen it. Think bunco night when we were looking at blogs! Oh my gosh you are going to die!

Hall Fam said...

christmas without snow? join the club. my kids have no clue. at least we have our cabin up in the mountains so we can at least visit the snow

Holland said...

ok so neils is adorable and i want to squeeze him. notice the toe's, they are curled so tight. Does he not like the grass? Love it, then he looks like a miniature JaNae. I wish I could give your kids a big hug. I am very happy that Kail loved my toy the best. :) I need to give you a ring. I will talk at you soon.

Jana said...

Speaking of rings, did you ever find your wedding ring when you moved? You need to call USAA.

JaNae said...

nic and jana- you both need to call me. And no I haven't found the ring, we lost lily's bracelet the other day and couldn't find it, gary said it's probably with my ring.

Marc said...

You're homeschooling?! How did I not know this?