Wednesday, May 7, 2008

beautiful myrtle beach

Alright already, I'm back, you can all stop bugging me to post again (wah wah)
We had so much fun at the beach! Jana and I literally took hundreds of pictures, I am not exaggerating - hundreds! It was hard to narrow it down but I did and I'm sure I'll post more in the future but here are some of my favorites:
Kail & his best cousin E
Lily running away from those terrifying waves
family picture time
at first we couldn't get Lily to stop and smile but by the end she wouldn't stop the last few pics are of me getting up and us dispersing except Lily who wouldn't stop hamming it up
We would get up do our thing in the morning have lunch then get ready and go to the beach once we got set up Niels would fall asleep- perfect!The first two days Niels didn't want anything to do with the sand or water he stayed under the makeshift tent Jan & I made then the last day he decided it was all okay and ventured out.

this is how Jan & I looked for the most part; covered (we don't want any wrinkles now that we're 30 we've got to get serious about this - didn't you know pale is the new tan?)
bytheway Jan- I think you look pretty darn cute in your dollar store hat

How cute is this girl?

and how cute is this little family?
how cute is this kid?
or this kid? (where did O learn his modeling skills? must be watching ANTM)

Jan entertaining Niels before his daily nap

Lily & E the bathing beauties
building a sandcastle

I love this picture of E


Grandpa J & Niels


and my all time favorite picture, Jan's face says it all. This girl is going to wish she had covered herself up more when she turns 30 and she's nothing but laugh lines and crows feet (he he)

8 comments:

courtney said...

yea! thanks for posting beach pictures - i couldn't wait to see what you guys did! and how come i am pale (the new tan) AND i have laugh lines and crows feet? not fair.

JaNae said...

nice try courtney- you don't have any wrinkles I've seen you up close

Lori & Rj said...

lily the little model.

Krystal said...

Wow, what a perfect vacation, and you didn't have to leave town! Looks like so much fun.

Hall Fam said...

fun! i am jealous! wish i could go on vacation!

Jana said...

I miss the beach! I love the pictures and I am glad you have already posted, it will be awhile before I get around to it. What cute kids we have. Literally hundreds of pictures, I think I had 600 on my camera. I love the tanning comments, that will be a later post for me. Jackets, hats, and sunglasses, and you forgot to mention my 70spf sunscreen I had all over my body! You never can be too careful, especially when it comes to wrinkles. Check your e-mail, I sent you a little note before we leave for LV. Miss you! Don't forget about the recommitment on FGLCC.

Holland said...

I just got my internet set up today and I love the pictures of the beautiful kids you have. My goodness could Lily be any cuter! Your kids are so dang cute and I can't get over the fact that Neils is walking now. Time flies and I can't wait to see you and your kids.

Gordon said...

Janae.. who are those two girls behind the Jana faceshot? Hook me up!