Thursday, June 12, 2008

Lily, again

Tonight was crazy, I've decided my crazy comes in waves. Everything is calm then everything is crazy then it's calm again. I was letting the kids stay up a little later than usual so they could play outside with our cute neighbor. They were all getting tired and ornery then Lily goes and steps onto an ant hill. Now the ants out here aren't like the cute little calm, run away black ants we have in Utah. The ants out here are vicious, you step on us we'll run up your legs before you know it and bite you, red ants. & we figured this out the very first night we were in NC, because lily stepped onto one of their hills. But bless her heart she's done it at least 3 more times since not counting tonight. So after she stepped in it tonight she went screaming down the sidewalk when I caught up to her she still had quite a few of the little buggers hanging on. We finally got them all off and Lily insisted on a bath- "just to make sure"

After the bath while I was helping her get her jammies on she said in a matter of fact/big girl/know it all voice, "do those ants think that I am their food? NO I am a girl (you must know that Lily pronounces her "r's" as "uh" so it's more like guhl) I am not tasting like food. And rhinoceuhuses (rhinoceroses) are animals!" I'm not sure where the rhino comment came from but apparently it had something to do with the ants. I was trying my hardest to keep a straight face because she was so serious about it & you could tell she was still upset about the whole thing. But it was so dang cute.



& speaking of Lily's inability to say her "r's" this is her favorite book to read and when she reads it with me she sounds like she's from the Bronx:
"thehs a shahk in the pahk pup bahks"

We always get a good laugh, & don't worry Lily, loving the attention, laughs right along with us.

6 comments:

courtney said...

that is so funny! lily is such a cutie pie.

Jana said...

I love Lily. She is one of a kind, and it is so fitting for her personality that she has stepped in the ant hill multiple times, bless her heart... And I love her New York accent. Only a couple of more months. I will get to you about the black goop. I have been sick.

Steph Wynder said...

Poor Lily. When we lived in Texas I stepped in a red ant hill and since I was only about Lily's age I don't remember it a lot - I just remember screaming all the way to our house. So, I feel sorry for her. We wish you were all here for the summer - but not too much longer . . .

Wendy said...

I LOVE THAT GIRL!!! She is so stinking cute, and we cannot wait until you're back.

The Bucks said...

JaNae it was soo fun to see your blog and to catch up!! It seems like just yesterday we were playing house but I guess time has gone!! Im excited to keep in touch!!

Lori & Rj said...

She is so cute!!