Saturday, June 28, 2008

Niels' birthday

I'm finally getting these pictures up. Niels' first birthday was a lot of fun. Since the weather was so nice we decided to go swimming. & Gary surprised us by finishing his studying early & joining us at the pool.
Kail loved it & would not get out of the water even though he started to freeze

Lily wouldn't get in the water

And all Niels wanted to do was drink the water so he was pulled out. by that Wednesday he had a fever- I was mostly blaming it on his teething but I don't think the pool water helped-yuck!


Kail & Lily couldn't resist helping Niels open his presents


I don't think Niels minded


His favorite toy of all was this bug band, he was so happy to be encouraged to bang on something.

and just like we did for Kails 1st birthday, we got Niels some balls (he he)


I got the cake from Whole Foods and wasn't expecting much but it was like a miniature Costco cake- the giant chocolate kind- mmmm


Niels mainly played with it- he's not a huge fan of chocolate or other sweets


Lily on the other hand was begging for a third piece, I had to put my foot down & she wasn't too happy about it


I still can't believe how time flies!

7 comments:

Hall Fam said...

i can't beleieve he's already 1! that means you've been out there for almost a year right? wow!

Holland said...

what cute pictures. your boys look like they have some red in their hair. sophie looks like she might have some red too. I can't wait to see baby neils.
love ya

Holland said...

ps the comment about the balls. very funny

Jana said...

Happy Birthday Niels! Wish we could of celebrated with you.

Holland said...

Hey loser. Thought I would leave you a little note.
Roses are red, violets are pink, you are a girl who loves to let stinks.

Holland said...

Just wanted to let you know I am rockin yours and everyone else's butt out of the water with all of my posts. Can I get a WHOOP, WHOOP!! Yes, I will take a bow.

Brandon & Jillyn Larsen said...

your kids are so stinking cute! i ♥♥♥ kale's hair. i didn't even notice the R is the camp. crazy. i just googled the letters individually. i'll check out the sussy blog. I would LOVE to take classes with you. what month do you come back?