Friday, August 22, 2008

lily's special day take 2

Lily's special day (as she kept calling it) started off with us waking up at 3 am because our neighbors upstairs thought that was the best time to vacuum their apartment. After we got back to sleep, we woke up at the appropriate time, got ready (meaning lily and Kail put on their bathing suits and then regular clothes) and our first stop was the grocery store- we were out of everything. I felt so bad because I felt that I was ruining Lily's special day but she loved it. Every time she saw something she wanted she pulled the birthday card and it was hers. When we got home we went swimming. (& I know there are way too many pics but I couldn't decide which ones I liked the most just be glad I narrowed it down to these)

Lily loves her floaty and is not scared to swim by herself now thanks to Mimi
my fat boy
I love this pic of Kail & his new rash guard, with his long hair he looks like a little surfer
Okay Nic this one is for you- I look like poo poo and it's way too close up but this is the only way to get pics of me. I promise when we are at the beach I will hand you my camera and you can take as many of me as you like

Niels finally figuring out how to get back in the water all by himself
it's bright
Later on Gary took Kail to run some errands and Lils helped to make her cupcakes
she's very serious about baking

no thanks to the post man & a broken mail box & all thanks to Mimi and Aunt Nat Lils had at least 2 presents to open up. This is from Mimi- an Only Hearts Club doll her name is Lily. at first I thought these dolls were sort of creepy because of their glass eyes but they really are cute and I like that they have younger features unlike barbie
Thanks Aunt Nat (she's been sending us all these carved wooden ornaments for our birthday's this year all the way from Germany)
can't go wrong with chocolate brownies & pink frosting with chocolate sprinkles mmmmmm
now Kail's turn- look at that hair
all Niels wanted was to eat some cupcakes- he didn't like all the candle nonsense


over all it was a fun day & we're going to start making up for lame fayetteville birthdays as soon as we get home

7 comments:

The Thueson's said...

Hey! Its Tara... before I forget, your kids are adorable! I can't wait until my little girl gets older and can help me bake! Actually, yes I can wait. I am sure it will be here before I know it :)

So about that Juicy swimsuit. I absolutley love the fit and the style of it. I bought the suit in a small and I normally buy swimsuits in a small. So, I personally don't think I would go a whole size bigger. The bad part about my swimsuit is that they are super low. I was at a public pool a few weeks ago and a lady had my same suit on and had hemmed the two "cup" parts together about an inch or so and I am totally going to do that for next summer. They are totally flattering suits which is great! ***I am saying that just hoping I will fit into it after this baby comes!!*** Do you know what style you are wanting yet? If they have it at Nordstroms, you should buy it online in both sizes and return the one that doesn't fit! When I was about 3 months pregnant, I couldn't wear the suit anymore because it totally road up and I am sure looked horrible!

Anyway, enough rambling, I probably confused you even more!

Steph Wynder said...

It looks like a fun birthday! I can't believe how long Lily's hair is (and Kail's hair) and how cute all three of them are. But, what made me laugh was the cape tied around Kail - I am so glad Mason isn't the only one in the family who is going to have at least one picture with a cape!

June/The mother said...

I now have a blog (grandmajunejorgensen.blogspot.com) mostly so I can post comments on all the blogs. I do have one post, but don't look for it to be updated too often. Happy Birthday, Lily.

Holland said...

Thanks for the pictures. I love Kails hair. It looks so cute on him. I love lily's birthday pictures at the pool. But my favorite one is of you!! Finally I get to see my beautiful sister. I am loving your natural hair color. It looks fabulous. I might need to change mine. See you in a few weeks.

Hall Fam said...

lily is so cute! and i think you look way cute in that picture!

Jana said...

Hey! Happy Birthday Lils! WE CAN"T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL!!! E bought a calendar just so we could mark the day Kail comes home. Such cutites, and Kail's hair is so long, it doens't even look like him, but so cute and Niels is so cute, and I am sure Lily will remember this birthday as a fun day. I think E's funnest birthdays were when we were in Oregon and just had family days. Last year we had a party for her and 13 little girls came and E was so overwhelmed the whole time and didn't know quite what to do, so we won't be doing that again. Talk to you soon.

Steph Wynder said...

Bryn made her own blog - she did it all by herself - set up her account, picked a template, uploaded pictures and wrote her own posts. Her blog address is wwwbrynsblog.blogspot.com (notice there is NO . after www). She would love some comments . . .