Monday, September 1, 2008

the countdown

Okay people I only have about 3 1/2 weeks left in ghettoville! Can you believe it? As I was thinking about it (tyring to hide my glee from Gary- poor kid hates it here almost as much as I do) there are some things that will be missed:
  • Gary for one, although when he's around I tend to lean on him too much, I like being independent- of course being scared of this town and being independent are two different things but I'll move on.
  • I hate to admit it but I'll miss the humidity, it always reminds me of our trips to Myrtle beach growing up, especially in the morning right after it has rained.
  • I'll miss the trees! People the trees!! I'm going to start a tree planting club when I get home- Utah you need more trees!
  • I'll miss the swimming pool- it's saline and so nice to take the kids first thing in the morning.
  • I'll miss the fact that everyone (almost everyone- 99.9% of everyone) knows what we're going through- knows what it's like to be in the military, the friends I've met here and when they talk about their husbands they sound just like mine.
  • And the rain storms, the people here think they are in a drought- I've got news for them- they don't know what drought is! It rains at least once a week here and not a little sprinkle for 15 min. It's a full on down pour all afternoon & sometimes into the wee hours of the morning. When it's not lightening & thundering the kids throw on their bathing suits and run outside to play in the rain, we just got caught in such a storm last night when we were on a family walk after dinner. Luckily we were by the mail boxes and sought cover there but of course the kids ran out and had a great time. Here are some pictures of a storm blowing through:

the first two are facing east
look at those tree lines!
And these are facing west-gorgeous! we have sunsets like this at least once a week I'll miss those too

But as much as I'll miss those things I miss Utah & everyone there a whole lot more!
Utah - I'm commin' home!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Yea Janae!! We are so excited to have your cute little family back with us! Come on home!

Bryn Wynder said...

thoose are really good pictures of the sunset and I can't what to see all of you guys when you come back.