Thursday, January 29, 2009

like father like son

Well I have finally given up & given in. Since Kail was born I had a rule that we would not have any toy guns in the house because we would most likely have real ones and I didn't want my kids to think that guns were toys. But I knew I was in trouble when at about the same age Niels is now Kail picked up a giraffe puzzle piece and shot it like a gun- how do they figure this stuff out? And now it continues; Niels made his first gun today out of large Lego's. He was completely in to it, shooting anything that moved.
What kind of gun would you say this is modeled after, Gary?

This is his "I'm shooting you" face, It was so funny
“You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?”

Shooting Lily
I'm now having to teach him, "we just shoot bad guys, and your sister is not one of them"

& here he is practicing his sniper skills- hide & shoot
It was so cute to hear him laughing in the pantry in anticipation of jumping out & "surprising" me

As much as I've tried to convince myself that my sons won't be joining the military, I'm not sure it's something I can control anymore than I can control my husbands need to join the military. Ugh what am I going to do with these boys?
(I blame it all on GI Joe)


5 comments:

Jana said...

I love his shooting face, and you can blame it all on GI Joe and that his little sister was his helpless victim most of the time for all his dirty tricks.

G-Dog said...

He's going to be my little barrel chested freedom fighter!

Hall Fam said...

k i don't get it either. cooper has 2 sisters and we were at my moms and he picked up two toys and said gun and was making shooting noises and pointing them at Avery. My mouth dropped. I didn't even know he knew what a gun was. lovely.

Cacti said...

Hilarious!

Holland said...

i love all of his faces. how cute is that.

thanks again for helping me out. you are the best sister ever.