Wednesday, February 11, 2009

doldrums, wishful puking, & a hat

Yuck! I'm feeling the winter doldrums that everyone has been talking about. Normally I love winter and am sad to see it go but this year I'm sooooo ready for spring. I can't wait to get started on my new square foot garden & hoping my husband won't think I'm too crazy for wanting a couple chickens (shhhhh don't tell the HOA) photo by Crowhand found on flickr- I'm really liking his stuff & I want to live where he lives
As if the doldrums weren't enough, for the past week I haven't been 100% or even 50%. My stomach has been uneasy. I don't think it's the flu but whatever it is I know if I could just throw up I'd feel a whole heck of a lot better.
And thanks so much to my sis Nic for helping me out and taking the kids & listening to my crazy talk- You are AMAZING!!!
photo by Teerish via flickr


I'm not sure if it's because of the sickness that I'm not able to sleep but lately (if you've noticed the time stamp on my latest posts) my new bedtime is 3 a.m. It bites. I'm not much of a morning person anyway but this just makes it ten times worse. So I've been trying to pass the time at night & do something to make me sleep. After reading all the books in my house (okay most of the books) I decided to make a hat for Lils. When she saw my hook & the yarn she asked me if I was "yarning" something and if that something was for her. I told her it was and she was excited until she realized the color was not her cup of tea.

It's supposed to be a slouchy beret but it didn't work out as well as I thought. She's not too fond of it so I'll probably take it apart and make it again and then who knows maybe sell it.
Anyone want to buy a super cute slouchy beanie for a 4-6 yr old? Lucky for her I've already started on a new one in a super soft, much too expensive for a 4 yr old, navy blue yarn.

see how much she's loving it?



And because I know you all love my political commentary I'll leave a link to an article I found interesting about Pres. Obama's choice in town for his rally. Looking at the big picture is a lot more interesting.

2 comments:

Hall Fam said...

so cute! i think it looks perfect. color and all. you are talented my cute cousin!

Lori & Rj said...

The hat is so cute! I'll take one.