Friday, March 6, 2009

the '80's are back & i'm really liking it??

In Highschool my friends & I were all about disco dancing (if I had a scanner I could prove it) & while we looked to the '70's for our dancing moves we looked to the '80's Molly Ringwald movies for our viewing entertainment. "Sixteen Candles" is still my all time favorite movie. & "Pretty in Pink" & "The Breakfast Club" are a close second & third. But when I heard that the '80's fashions were coming back I gagged a little. I didn't want anything to do with it. But luckily fashion that takes from the past isn't quite that literal. It morphs & changes to be an updated view of the era it's borrowing from. So when recently I've noticed a lot of '80's influence in the clothes worn by the fashion elite on The Sartorialist I didn't hate it as I thought I would -I actually kind of like it.
So here are two photos that I found from the Sartorialist of an updated Pretty in Pink:
Andie
& Duckie

I could have cast the whole movie from the same blog. It's so great you should check it out.

Oh and although I may like some of the '80's fashion throwbacks, I refuse to welcome the shoulder pad into my closet.


2 comments:

Jana said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, Sixteen Candles.

kellymccaleb said...

um, do you look at comments this old? because this post makes me in love with you. 16 candles is allllll time fave. we should have movie night.