Monday, August 24, 2009

the CPSIA + your garage sale = death of children

Thank heaven for the government and their over regulation of everything. I mean if it wasn't for them I might have let my baby play with a hand made wooden toy while sitting in a car seat that is more than 4 years old all the while wearing a hand me down sweater that hasn't been tested for traces of lead or arsenic for that matter! I mean he could DIE at any moment! I'm such an irresponsible parent I'm glad the government found the time and money to let me know exactly how I should be raising my children. There are days I think "how did I ever make it to be an adult without the wonderful supervision of the government we have now" It's a miracle we're all still alive.
(and if you can't tell- it is sarcasm)

Well watch out because they are back and meaner than ever. Now they are coming after your garage sales. In THIS story found via Hot Air it tells us "The initiative, which targets toys and other products for children, enforces a new provision that makes it a crime to resell anything that’s been recalled by its manufacturer. …" (the emphasis is mine)
"Those who resell recalled children's products are not only breaking the law, they are putting children's lives at risk," said Inez Tenenbaum, the recently confirmed chairwoman of the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

How dare you put children's lives at risk!

Whatever happened to common sense & personal responsibility? While I understand that toys are recalled for a reason I think making it a criminal act is ridiculous.

(Lets burn some books too)

AHHH the joys of big government

here is a picture of my son wearing a hand- me-down hat and sweater. That sweater is 30+ years old & clearly causing my son great pain. How could I have ever let him wear it? I should have run to the store immediately and bought him a Go Diego Go, made in China, who knows what kind of crap it's made with & how many young children working on it for pennies, jacket at Walmart. The CPSIA should just come arrest me now.

SAVE HANDMADE!!!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

JaNae, I love you!! Amen to everything you said.