Thursday, October 15, 2009

the lesson I learned while making dinner tonight


and I'm going to share it with you:

While making dinner- namely tortilla soup ( and not just any tortilla soup but the most amazing delicious, spicy, goodness you could ever stick in a bowl then spoon over your tongue, goodness. I'm telling you when I first tasted this at my mother-in-laws dinner table I literally went to food heaven. I dream about this soup.)- and you are preparing the jalapeno pepper to be roasted in the oven- and here's the lesson-
DO NOT, DO NOT
( i cannot stress this enough do you see the capitalized letters & the red?)
TOUCH YOUR NOSE!!

Ignore the itch, tell it to go away, break up with it in a crowded restaurant so it doesn't cause a scene and you are forced to stay with it. And trust me don't even try a napkin or towel barrier, it will not help! the force is strong in these jalapenos.

IF you don't heed my warning, IF you don't believe what I'm telling you, IF you do cut up a jalapeno pepper, remove the seeds with your fingers, place said jalapeno pepper in the 350 oven & IF you scratch that itch, your nose will yell and scream at you, as if from the depths of hell, for the next 24 hours.

People believe me when I say:
jalapeno + nose = pain x 24hrs

but ohhhhhhhh the spicy goodnessssssss

4 comments:

Tara said...

Ha ha. I am laughing because I have done this before. I wish someone would have warned me. It was so bad that I stuck my head under the faucet with water running into my nose, trying to make it go away. Didn't work. I just had to wait.

juice said...

OH NO!!! I have totally done that before...but it was my eye! I wanted to scream! I am so sorry!

Janet said...

That is soo funny! Sorry about your depths of hell screaming though :)

Kat said...

Oh, man! I am so sorry to hear about that. I hope it is feeling better now. Are you going to post this yummy recipe that you speak of? :)