Friday, November 13, 2009

motivated knitting for our military

Many many thanks to Kelly from my happy little life for posting this on her blog!

Okay guys so I haven't done anything like this since I was in student government a lifetime ago. but I've become determined to see this through. I'm going to knit at least one scarf to send to Operation Gratitude who'll send it on to one of our many soldiers (70,000 +) in Afghanistan.
And I'm hoping you'll join me.

photo from each pretty penny- creative commons

I'd like to be able to collect as many scarves & hats that I can, made by you with love, so they can all be sent together. All the details are in the post below this one. The due date on Operation Gratitude is December 5th. I know it's not a lot of time but I'll need to get them in the mail by the 1st.


photo of a soldier waking up in the cold Afghanistan mountains found here

If you or anyone you know is interested in donating please email me:
janaejorgensen@yahoo.com
and we can work out where they will picked up or dropped off.

Wouldn't 100 be a great number?

3 comments:

Jana said...

Can you teach me how to knit by the first? This is awesome JaNae!

JaNae said...

Thanks jan, I seriously could teach you the little bit I know if you wanted. ;)

Janet said...

You are so awesome to do this! I, sadly, can't even sew a button on a shirt.