Friday, January 8, 2010

my heart is

full, broken, aching
all for this family I don't know, after reading about the precious baby they just lost.
& the beautiful words and beliefs that mimic my own.
I wish I had beautiful words to give them to make the hurting stop.
but all they ask for is prayers.
& that is something I can give.

Years ago I had this friend & neighbor. Our two little boys (big boys now) were only a few days apart in age, and the cutest little things ever. We would go walking together in the mornings and discuss everything under the sun. One of our conversations was about how blessed we were. About how we knew people in our lives that had too many deaths and disease to count. We wondered in our own lives how we got so lucky. Or maybe it was a countdown. Maybe we'll all have these things happen and it's just a matter of time. We wondered when it would be our time. Stephanie moved away and we lost contact. I'm not sure how she is now but I still wonder when will it be my time, to have heartache.
I don't know if it will ever come
I do know that I am blessed
And I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for that.


3 comments:

Krystal said...

I'm totally there with you. It's just the saddest thing, I can't even think about it without getting choked up. It makes me want to just hold on to my kids and love them. And I often wonder the same thing, are we all going to have to experience something like that in our own way?

Wendy said...

I've been thinking about this family too... I don't think I'd be sounding as full of faith and love as that Mom is right now. They're amazing.

You Are My Fave said...

I cried so hard when I first heard about them. It really breaks my heart but it's amazing to see their faith shine through.