Thursday, December 2, 2010

crying & laughing


So I'm pretty sure I've finally lost it.  At least I'm sure that's what it means when reading this blog post I was laughing then crying then laughing then crying & crying & crying.  Yes, crazy, I'm almost positive.
While this woman has undoubtedly gone through so much more than me I could relate so much to wanting to, some days, wear a sign.  Mine would say:  

Please understand, I have 3 kids, my husband is half way around the world risking his life for our freedoms and today the responsibility is too much.

And there are days when I get a tad judgmental.  I know it's shocking, I'm not perfect, sorry for the disappointment :)  I need to remember that others would love to wear a sign too. 
While I was reading it I kept thinking- where are her visiting & home teachers?  It's helped me to remember how important that calling is.  What a great opportunity we have as visiting teachers to go into sisters homes and be able to see what help, spoken or unspoken, is needed. 

I do have to say though that I have been so blessed by such wonderful friends, family & neighbors who are always so willing to help out in every way possible.  Some days I want to wear a sign that says:

thank you for understanding why my house is a mess, and it's 5 o'clock and I haven't showered. Thank you for letting me talk your ear off. Thank you for letting me cry on your shoulder. Thank you for letting my son practically live at your house.  But thank you most of all for the comfort I receive from knowing that if I really really needed you, you would be there.

It's a must read. And if you happen to laugh and cry simultaneously, if you could let me know.  It might mean I'm not as crazy as I think.


6 comments:

Sarah said...

I LOVED that. What an amazing, heartbreaking story. And I'm with you -I could use a sign some days too.

Carolyn said...

I like the sign Janae...we love your family and wish it was easier for you. That dang Gary....You are amazing and have a lot on your plate...and you better give yourself the credit you deserve. I love you.

Wendy said...

Love this and love you.

Julie Earley said...

JaNae - thanks so much for posting the link to that story. It really makes my own 5 year crisis not so bad after all :) It would be easier if we all wore some kind of public announcement around our necks. But then again, we kinda do show "signs" of being in need, I just need to be more perceptive.

Sure love you, cousin.

Jackie said...

Holy crap, I'm depressed now.

Melissa said...

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO and then some.