Thursday, March 31, 2011

our G.A.H. comes home

The husband came home, for a short visit.  He got into the states on friday night then called saturday morning saying he was coming home!  And he let it be known that absolutely no one other than me & the kids & his parents were to be at the airport- YEAH RIGHT!
I immediately texted everyone I thought would want/should be there and they all showed!! I told them to make sure to have signs.  And some brought balloons and flags.  
needless to say- it was AWESOME! haha!

 Lots of photos 
(my camera had been played with by my kids so the settings were off and I didn't realize until it was too late- baaaah.  But luckily Ashley (below) is offering me copies of hers)

good friends the Kunics & the Blairs.
Carolyn brought those flowers for me- so nice!!


Family from both sides
the Harrison-Hansen's ;) and the Jorgensens & the Saxtons


My dad holding court 

My videographers Shawn & Drew

Yay for signs- anything to make this more embarrassing for the husband


Waiting waiting waiting....

the crowd

getting the crowd warmed up! 
and this doesn't even begin to capture the uproar we created at SLC international.
We whooped and hollered his whole escalator ride down. Even passer-bys got in on the excitement

 Gary bypassed all of us to give the first hug to his heterosexual life partner.
Kidding!! I was hugging and kissing (and maybe crying) so picture taking was not my first priority. but luckily I got my wits about me again and grabbed my camera because I had to get a picture of this! I'm sure there were sweet nothings whispered ;)

Lily was embarrassed, poor thing too much attention on her. She at first would not go to Gary and got upset when I tried to make her.  Eventually she warmed up and gave him a sort-of hug. albeit with this look of disgust on her face.

Oh my little Niels.  I warned the husband to not be too upset if Niels wouldn't go to him.  But I shouldn't have worried.  Niels asked about his dad every 3 hours in the couple of weeks leading up to this and would hardly let his dad go as soon as he got a hold of him.



It was such a fun night!! and I can not thank everyone enough for showing up!!!

THANKS GUYS!!!!
I love you all

9 comments:

Utah_Dave said...

So glad you made it home safe, Gary!

Jana said...

That was so fun! I love all of the pictures, and I still get a little teary when I look at that one of him and Niels. Glad we all went and helped with the torture.

Tiffany said...

Ah man this post almost made me teary eyed! We are so happy he's home safe.

Kat said...

That is totally awesome!

courtney said...

wish we could have been there to add to the chaos! welcome home gary!

Melissa said...

This makes me cry. Enjoy your time together!!!

Natalie said...

What an awesome reunion! Enjoy spending time together and tell Gary we said hey!

Melissa said...

LOVE the pictures. Thanks for taking the time to post. It's so good to see all of you together again and Gary home safe and sound. Love you all!!

Kelly said...

You guys are so sweet - I just smiled, sitting here in front of my computer. He's lucky to have you, and you him!