Monday, August 29, 2011

what if


what if life was a little more perfect?
what if my marriage was one hundred percent amazing, with passion, and laughter and spontaneity, good communication, understanding, unselfishness and flowers?
what if my kids listened and cleaned up after themselves?
what if I had a garage?
what if I wasn't connected by walls to my neighbors?
what if I didn't have to worry about money?
what if I loved cleaning and organizing my house?
what if I was good at time management?
what if I could finish something?
what if my garden would produce something other than pumpkins this year?
what if I could I could be myself around everyone?
what if dreams came true?

but my life isn't even close
and I guess that's what makes life, life
right?

but there's a little something on the horizon, that gives me pause and makes me smile
soon I'll share

cinderella pumpkin- the only thing growing in my garden this year

7 comments:

Brandon & Jillyn Larsen said...

if life was perfect...you wouldn't be thankful for the perfect parts of life. and that pumpkin looks huge and your leaves are already changing colors? so pretty!

JaNae said...

jillyn- gosh I hate to be a complainer when I know you're reading :) But I guess we all have our different trials whether big or small. I'm not asking for life to be 100% perfect, just one part to be a little bit closer than it is now. But you are right, I love what you said about being thankful for the parts that are! I'm going to have to use that, don't worry I'll give you full credit.
oh and that's not my pumpkin just a photo off the web, but that's what my pumpkins are supposed to look like eventually.

Yo Momma Lindsey said...

Oh come on. I need to know NOW!!!!!!!!

Wendy said...

Well as your friend for nearly ten whole years now, I think I can say with some authourity that you are practically perfect, and if your whole life was too, think how annoying that would be to everyone around you. :) I hope I'm one of those with whom you're totally yourself. I love that self.

Tiffany said...

I think that's how most everyone feels, and if they don't they are LYING! Don't be so hard on yourself. Everything in due time right? I too covet a garage, and hope to have one someday.

Janet said...

I've actually had a dream about a garage! Crazy. I try to focus on the good things, but oh man, sometimes it is hard.

btw, you and your kids always look like your about to be in a photo shoot.

juice said...

"Count your many blessings name them one by one...:) I hope you have a better week! xoxo